- 1. Registration. When you register to use our Services, we collect information that helps us identify you and helps us to administer your account. The more information you provide, the better we can customize our services and your experience to suit your needs and preferences. We collect information you provide directly to us when using the Services. For example, we collect information when you sign up for an Account, complete a form, place an order, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing and billing address and payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. For purposes of registering and using the Services, we collect certain information that can identify you, such as your name and contact information (email, address and phone number) (“Personal Information”) We will never sell, rent, or trade Personal Information and will only use it, as needed, to provide the Services and/or fulfill the orders requested by you. Wagtopia discloses Personal Information only to those of its employees, contractors, purchasers, sellers, and/or affiliated organizations that (i) need to know the information in order to process it on yours and our behalf, and (ii) that have agreed in writing to non-disclosure restrictions at least as strong as those herein. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Services, we may also ask for other information relevant to your use of the Services.
- 2. User Contributions. The Site may contain video postings, message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features that allow you to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users content or materials on or through the Site (collectively, “User Contributions”). All information you provide may become public on the Site, including any partner or affiliate pages. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- 3. Payment. The Company uses Stripe as its third-party payment processor to process credit cards and electronic payments securely for its users. Accordingly, the Company will not store payment information in its system. The processing of payments or credits, as applicable, in connection with your use of the Services will be subject to the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of Stripe and your credit card issuer in addition to those terms specified herein. The Company is not responsible for any errors by Stripe.
- 2. IP Address. We may log information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for the purposes of systems administration, or to report information in aggregate form third parties such as advertisers (for example, to identify how many visitors logged in to our Website). We do not provide such third parties with personally identifiable information.
- 3. Usage Details. We may log details of your visits to our Site and use of our Services, including the resources that you access and use.
- 4. Advertisements. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may collect aggregated information about your visit to the Site in order to provide advertisements of interest to you.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources
Children Under the Age of 13. Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information via our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on our website, make any purchases through our website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at support@Wagtopia.com.How Do We Use Your Information?We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you. The Company gathers user information to provide you with an effortless experience. For instance, your Personal Information enables us to greet you when you visit the Site and to provide you with specific information and services we think will be of interest to you. We review our users’ preferences, demographics, traffic patterns, and other information - as a whole - so that we can better understand who our audience is and what it wants.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including information about animals available for adoption or fostering.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information, such as connecting AWOs with pet lovers, connecting purchasers with sellers of Products, connecting you with veterinarians for telehealth purposes.
- To verify your identity and, if applicable, authorization for you to use the Services.
- To prevent or address service, security, technical issues at your request in connection with customer support matters.
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests.
- To provide you with notices about your Account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To create an individual or AWO profile and provide personalized services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our website and our Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information, such as connecting AWOs with pet lovers.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- If you create an account with us or use our Services, we may share your name, postal address, email address, and shopping history with third-parties for their direct mail marketing purposes. If you would prefer that we not share information about you with third parties, please let us know by sending us an email stating your request to support@Wagtopia.com.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Wagtopia's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Wagtopia about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. In particular, when you provide us with your personal and organization information for purposes of connecting you with Wagtopia AWOs or pet lovers, or veterinarians for telehealth purposes, we will provide your information as you have requested.
- We may use the information that is provided by you on Wagtopia forums, and any other User Contribution to the Site freely and without limitation. Please note that any information you post or disclose on the Site will become public information, and may be available to visitors to our website. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the public areas of our website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wagtopia, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?We work hard to protect your information and have implemented appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic and other security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be backed up on at least a weekly basis. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like the message boards or forums. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us.
California privacy rights AND NOTICES
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA”)California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties.
Wagtopia shall comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA”), which may be amended from time to time. Per the terms of the CCPA, Wagtopia is a Service Provider and not a Third Party as described in the CCPA. Therefore, Wagtopia shall not:
- Sell the Personal Information.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the Services or for a Business Purpose. Specifically, Wagtopia shall not retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for a Commercial Purpose.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information outside of the direct business relationship between Wagtopia and its users.
Notwithstanding anything in the Terms of Service or any related order form or other document, the parties acknowledge and agree that a user’s provision of Personal Information is not part of and explicitly excluded from the exchange of consideration, or any other thing of value, between the parties.
You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from you. However, we are not required to comply with a request to delete, if it is necessary for us to retain the personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a product that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If you are a California resident and would like to request information or exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit your request in an email to support@Wagtopia.com.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that, in certain cases, a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow us to pursue our business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- Time needed to provide you with our Services or to operate our business.
- Whether your Account with us is active. You may contact us to make your Account inactive at any time.
- Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your data, such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation.
Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or for any content or information that we provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
Transfer of Personal Information; International Visitors
- Filing a complaint: In some jurisdictions, including according to data protection laws in the EU for complaints issued from subjects in the EU, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with a data protection authority.
Marketing CommunicationsYou may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at support@Wagtopia.com. In such cases, we will retain minimum Personal Information to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may still send you administrative communications, such as technical updates for our Services, order confirmations, notifications about your Account activities, and other important notices.