Houston Homeless Pet Project ("HHPP")is a core group of dedicated dog rescue volunteers who, between us, have over 50 years of experience in rescue in the Houston metro area. We are the rescue of last resort for those good Samaritans who find homeless dogs and are just trying to help. We are also the rescue of last resort for those hopeless animals that find themselves out of time at local shelters.
We provide rescue care, rehabilitative services, foster care and adoption placement to abandoned and stray dogs in the Houston metro area.
HHPP is an all-volunteer, foster based rescue. We don't have a shelter and rely on foster homes to provide our rescues with warm, loving home environments until they can adopted by permanent families.
We serve the metro Houston, Texas area
1. Complete an Adoption Application at www.hhpprescue.org and click on Adopt tab
2. Include veterinarian information and two personal references
3. A home visit is scheduled
4. A meet and greet is scheduled so your new family member can meet the rest of the family
5. If the meet and greet goes well, the adoption contract is signed and the adoption fee is paid.
*Our adoption fee is $250 for adults and $300 for puppies under a year old. The fee includes all vaccinations, spay/neuter and microchip.
Adoption fees are $250 for adult dogs and $300 for puppies one year and less.