About A FOSTER Dog Application
This is the application that you should use if you are looking to apply to foster a dog AND ARE NOT planning to adopt.
Foster homes are one of the most important parts of any dog rescue. Without these homes, we wouldn't be able to rescue as many dogs as we do.
Our greatest need is for foster volunteers who have dog experience. We often have foster dogs that require some kind of behavioural training, or have medical needs, so if you have experience in either of these areas please apply now.
- Fostering is agreeing to take a dog into your home, temporarily, while the rescue is receiving and reviewing applications for adoption.
What does it cost?
- As a foster home, we can provide you with food, collar, leash. We will also cover any vet bills, but please speak to your foster coordinator before taking the dog to the vet unless its an emergency
What if I can only foster a small dog?
- We will work with the limitations of our foster homes. If you are asked to foster a dog that is too big, please just let us know and we will look for another home. We are always looking for foster homes that can accomodate big dogs.
What if I only want to foster a puppy?
- Puppies are usually very easy to adopt and often don't need fostering. Please consider an older dog that could be even more fun!
What if I want to adopt?
- If your intent is to adopt a dog, you will need to submit an adoption application for review.
I only want to foster a specific dog.
- If you want a specific dog and only that dog, we recommend that you apply to adopt. International dogs are not normally available for fostering as we try to only bring them here if an approved adopter has been found.
We really need more experienced foster homes and appreciate you reading this posting. I hope that you consider opening your heart and your home to help a dog in need. The love and care that you can provide for even a short period, will make a huge difference in the life of a dog.
Disclaimer: It is important for all applicants to visit our website, http://www.lovedatlastdogrescue.ca/adopting/ and read about Loved at Last Dog Rescue.
Normally, we will not approve applications to homes with children under 12 years of age. More information can be found on our website.