About Prawn (Lenny)
Meet Lenny (or Sir Leonard, if you will)! Lenny is a 1-3 year old sweet mixed breed pup that we suspect is mostly terrier and shitzu. He loves naps, walking (he literally prances next to you), and flopping in your arms. He is basically a noodle, biggest cuddle bug, and always has one paw on you (... literally... he will put his paw on you if he feels like he isn't getting the attention he deserves!).
His ideal home is one with another mild tempered/kind dog and/or someone who is home a lot or will take him places. He is easy to travel with (comfortable on the subway) and loves his car/train rides. We recently disovered that Lenny absolutely loves horses and would make the perfect barn and horse show dog! He loves to walk beside them and sit by the ring. At horse shows, he will sit next to you or under the nearest shaded spot. He is content to sit in the backyard while you garden or just hang around.
Some quick behavioral notes:
- Easy to bathe and will rub himself against a towel after to help you dry him off
- If there isn't a pillow fort already, he will probably make one
- Missing some teeth with a broken K9 tooth, so small kibbles softened with water/broth or wet food are best
- Mild tempered and a total cuddle bug
- No barking but will whine when you leave for a bit
- Not much a toy guy but loves treats!
- Housebroken and wee wee pad trained
- Great on a leash
- Not food aggressive and will eat around other dogs
- Friendly and playful with most dogs! He is sometimes careful around bigger dogs, but never aggressive.
In his new home, he will likely need 2-3 days to adjust. He gets very attached, so seperation anxiety is to be expected when transferring to his forever home. Don't be alarmed if he's a little weepy and timid, as he will warm up really quickly once he realizes he is there to stay!
ALL adoptions require a completed application and final contract. The application can be found at WaldosRescue.org and once you are approved to adopt you will be put in touch with the foster to see if it’s a good match. We are a RESCUE not a shelter. We conduct veterinary and personal reference checks during the application approval process. We are unable to contact every applicant for every dog. We will select the best applicant for each dog, based on the dogs needs.
Waldos Rescue Pen is a 501c3 whose primary focus is rescuing dogs from the euthanasia list from high kill shelters throughout the United States